I wonder if I could ask for some advice regarding one of my quarry structures. This one has been made by bashing two of the Glacier Gravel main buildings together by adding a linking section in the middle, which is the white plastic area in chunky inverted T shape as it were. Now this structure is kind of intended to have been built in say the 1930s or 40s and the centre part built using concrete. My question is what sort of size and shape of shuttering would have been used to build up the panels? Using a photo I took of the real loading structure at Tunstead quarry back in 2008, I have been able to guesstimate at the 'blocks' being around 2 foot square. Does this size sound about right for that era? Did they go any larger to say 3 or 4 foot square? As you can see on the model photos I have measured out a rough grid on the white plastic and these are about a scale 8 foot square in OO. The concrete grey panels either side would also need similar treatment too. Please leave comments and suggestions, Many thanks Paul

Posted by pharrc20 at 2021-05-20 20:46:58 UTC