Hi! My name is Mike. I have been interested in railways nearly all my life, over 70 years, originally living by the railway line in Nottinghamshire. I never really got into modelling until after I had children, but joined a club in 1981 and have not looked back. I have been involved with a few exhibition layouts where my stock has always run, not having a layout of my own for a long time. I had a loft layout in the 1990's, but it was not ideal and I didn't put any scenery on it. It was dismantled when we moved in 1998. I have been retired since 2010 and am building a '00' gauge model railway at my house in Greece. I like planning and laying track work, detailing and weathering stock (locos, coaches and wagons) and running trains. I am no good at the electrics or scenery, so I opted for DCC control (for easier wiring!) and now feel encouraged to have a go at the scenics due to the amount of really good stuff now available, especially from Scale Model Scenery. My favourite period (era) is 1989 to 1994 BR Sub sector, but I like anything modern, both diesel and electric and have many up to date models. I do not like steam! Why? Because I always remember the dirt and grit getting in my eyes and getting told off for having black clothes! I run diesel and electric trains from about 1958 to the present day on my layout. However, the scenery and infrastructure will be very modern.

Posted by Wagons Mike at 2021-04-24 18:09:08 UTC