#WarrenYard_cement #cement Cement Works - 4 - Cement Silos These are structure 25 on the site map and are shown in their original position prior to adding the clinker storage warehouse (20) and post-mix buildings (23). The following information relates to thoughts when this text was originally written which was prior to the site map being finalised 6 weeks later. As part of my expanded cement works based around the Walthers Valley Cement kit an intermediate storage (20) for raw ground clinker will be added. This will receive the cooled raw ground clinker and feed the fine crushing and mixing plant (23) which adds gypsum to control cement setting times prior to storing in the block of 8 silos (25). I have added that post mix and a pre-mix stage (11) where silica sand will be added to expand my rail traffic to the cement works, I have been amazed at the complexity of cement manufacture and the size of real plants while researching this mini-project so have just added two of the basic extras to make a plausible attempt at a 1960's era works. Admittedly using American style buildings but scratch building everything would take too much time. The kiln assembly (15 to 18) was a work in progress when these pictures were taken, and updates follow. Jim

Posted by Jim Franklin at 2021-04-28 20:13:14 UTC